9.4.07

Sometimes

Sometimes, you feel you must buy half of the yarn for something ridiculous...and the other half as soon as you can afford it. That's how I'm feeling about the yarn for a particular skirt in a particular magazine. There is this really adorable-in-the-most-bizarro-way skirt in the latest knit.1. It has ruffles...lots of ruffles...silly, silly, ADORABLE ruffles. Actually, the pattern is written so that you attach (sew) the skirt to a polo shirt to create a dress...but I would much rather wear it as a skirt. I don't think it would be too hard to add some elastic to it...and that's what I intend to do...when I get the yarn.

Sometimes, you WANT to go in circles. I know in life it can be frustrating to seem like you are always ending up where you started...but sometimes, it's just the sort of thing you need. I think it might actually be harder to deal with those seams you always seem to be left with. Why do you think the phrase "seamless" carries such a positive connotation? That's why I've decided my next project will not have seams...it will fit together without them and I won't have to figure out which stitch to what stitch. That would be nice...and another reason why that silly ruffly skirt I mentioned is becoming more and more enticing.

Sometimes, you try to knit socks again:


It's coming along...I'm wondering if it might be too small for my foot. I am not sure yet if the stitch pattern really allows for much stretching and I think it has finally become clear to me that I knit more tightly than I should...maybe it's the pain in my shoulders or all of the anger I tend to carry...I'm working on it. :)

So, I just looked at that pattern for the skirt and realized it is not worked in the round. What a shame. But don't worry, my pets, I've found something else...something to make me yearn for warmer weather...and maybe even a tan.

Would you like to see a picture of me dying an Easter Egg with a really stupid face and kind of a creepy-looking hand?


Put some lip-balm on, self, seriously.

Well, that's all for today. Over and out.

1 comment:

Kar said...

well isn't your blog just lovely, and i need to update mine...i'll work on that! i'm going dress shopping tomorrow :)