11.10.06

Two days off work

While I am excited about having two days off work...I'm not excited about what that will do to my paycheck. It sucks to worry about money. I'm trying to get over doing that.

I was all geared up to knit like a feind last night when I was struck with a horrible headache. I just couldn't do it and I had to go to bed instead...which is why today is completely devoted to KNITTING...

With much fear, I have chosen a sock pattern for Socktoberfest. It is the Snowflake Lace Socks free pattern on Magknits.com. Why with fear? Because I hated my last sock (not even a pair) and this particular sock is different. It is, obviously, lace (we're friends again) which will up the difficulty by about....a lot. The thing is, I love socks. I was like a kid in a candy store in Japan because there were stores in underground shopping malls that sold ONLY SOCKS...really COOL ONES. I want to make my own really cool socks...and I don't want to knit the boring simple socks that beginners are supposed to start with. I want something pretty...and that's why I've chosen to fearfully cast on for the "Snowflakes." Maybe I'll finish a complete pair this time.



I'm chugging along on my pink shrug. Here's the progress:


I wonder how much longer it will take me to finish it?

Apparently, I asked off for the wrong day for The Crochetinator's Halloween party. What a dunce. Hopefully, the schedule won't go up before I can get to the calandar to change it.

In other news, I've decided that I really need to cool it with the knitting for a while...it has begun to get in the way of other things that are really supposed to be more important. I will still be knitting, but probably not every day...at least not for a while...until things are right with me again. I truly am the biggest slacker in the world...but not in an "I don't care" kind of way. It's more like a "I fear failure so I won't do it" kind of way...which I think is much harder to overcome. Anyway, enough of that.

Until next time....

No comments: