12.11.07

Socks for Mommy

Today, my NaNoWriMo word count goal is 5,020. So, what am I doing? I'm writing a knitting blog post, of course!

I started a new pair of socks this afternoon. I think I'm going to be giving them to my mommy for Christmas. They are the Sweet Pea Socks and the yarn and the pattern were the September shipment from the Hill Country Yarns Sock Club. I have knit the cuffs and so far, so good.



About the novel, I am now at a turning point and I am not sure I know how to take it. I know the story, just not the details. My goal is not to write 50,000 words, but to write 66,000 words by the end of November 30th. I might be crazy, but I'm loving this. It's great to get this story that has been in my head for months finally out on electronic paper. I knew nothing about my main character going into this, only what would happen to her. I didn't know she would be an artist, for instance, but if you know anything about me that one shouldn't surprise you. (wink). It's often this way when I write. I'm not one for outlining what happens chapter by chapter. I don't care to do research before the writing...on the characters, settings, etc...I'd just prefer to let it go where it wants as long as I have some control over the major plot points. Most of the time, I'm trying to tell something to the reader...more than a story.

Blah blah blah. I just wrote all that garbage to get me into the writing mood, but it's all true in the end.

No comments: