8.10.07

Married life

Just as you may have suspected, married life is not really different from unmarried life when you've been together for five years. :) It's just as good and we have more excuses to be all kissy-faced, because we're newlyweds! haha!

The ceremony was good. I cried like a little baby and could not for the life of me get my voice above a whisper, but the pastor could hear me...and Max could too. So, I guess that was all that really mattered. :) My cake was perfect, I LOVED my gown.

It wasn't a traditional reception. I didn't through a bouquet...we sort of forgot about it, actually, which irritates me a little. But whatever...

We don't have our official photos yet. We are still waiting to hear from the photographer, but when we do, I will post a few of them up here.

Until then, you can look at these:








Yeah, they aren't that great. I wasn't concerned about taking photos. Again, I'll post a few of the professional ones once I get them.


On the knitting front, I haven't really been doing much of it. I've been making yo-yo's for some "projects." I've been writing.

About that. I'll be treating the sewing projects and writing as full time jobs. I'm very close to finishing a story and the yo-yo's are good for a writing break. Knitting is too time consuming and mentally draining. I need my brain fresh when I write...I need a cappuccino or a nice cup of tea.

Oh, and I've decided to be more open about the fact that I am a writer. I have been very secretive about it for my entire life and I think now is the time to just admit to the world that I am a starving and failing literary artist. Unfortunately, I write the way I knit. I have unfinished stories dating five to six years back because I am constantly having new ideas and starting new stories. I'm going to start an "idea journal" to record all of my story ideas instead of actually starting them right then and there. I'll never finish anything if I keep starting new things.

Don't worry, this won't turn into a writing blog. I'm still a knitter!! I'm going to finish that pair of socks for Max by the end of Socktober!!

On another note, Max has updated his blog. You should check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Your dress and cake are gorgeous!

Delia said...

Congrats on your wedding! You look beautiful!