23.4.07

A blog post

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit irritated and not so excited. I really hate it when a day starts this way, for no apparent reason. I need to call up David's Bridal today and I'm not looking forward to it. I really want to go, yes. Sandra needs to try on the bridesmaid dress and I need to pick up my gown.

That's right...my gown has already arrived. "You need to really hurry and pick out a dress...it can take MONTHS to arrive." "Oh no, what am I going to do?? I don't know which one I want....shit...shit...SHIT...ok THIS ONE!" Yeah...I could have taken more time. But whatever, I am sure I made the right decision anyway. I love it. I am not excited about having it in the guest room closet for the months to come. Seriously, how am I going to keep myself from putting it on...every...day? :) I wish I could put some photos of it up...but Max reads this blog and he's not allowed to see.

So, yeah. Even though I should be excited and happy today because I'll most likely be picking up my dress, I am not excited and happy at all. It probably doesn't help that fat cat George cries outside the door all morning every morning...or that when I walk out of our bedroom I am faced with the permanent piss stains on the floor from the same annoying cat...or the fact that I've been told my house smells and the air is unhealthy. I've already vacuumed once this week but I'll probably end up doing it again today. Part of me wishes that my mom would take fat cat George back with her when we return Scooter. She's mentioned it before, but I know that deep down she doesn't really want to. He, however, never destroyed HER carpet...only mine...asshole.

Anyway.

The weather was completely wonderful for the weekend. I wore shorts and a tank top...we walked everywhere...it felt nice. I even have some rosy shoulders to show for it. Today, of course, is completely overcast. I haven't gone outside yet, but it seems like it is colder.

Ok...knitting. I haven't done much...I don't really have any of what I would call "real projects." Socks aren't "real projects" even though they are time consuming. I can really only do one repeat at a time on this thing (about 10 rounds) because by the end of that, the pain in my shoulders and neck becomes nearly unbearable. Socks are fun....but I don't know what it is about them that causes the neck pain. Maybe it's just that they are so small. No pictures of the sock today because I am still working the leg. I'll show you again once I work the heel flap. Wait for it.

I've been mistake ribbing for the rest of the knitting time. It's coming along quite nicely. I really love the silk yarn and mistake rib...I sort of want to keep this thing for myself, but I need to see if I can sell it. If I do, I can buy more yarn to make one for myself...and maybe some for another for sale item. I'm most likely wishfully thinking...I tend to do that.

Right now, I am sitting on the couch just trying to think of what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. A shower is in order...a potty break for Scooter...probably some mistake rib...but then what?? I really wish that my yarn would arrive. I have no idea where it is or if it has even been shipped at all yet. The website doesn't have any way for me to track it. I don't remember seeing a tracking number in the email they sent me either. I don't like that. I am one of those people who eagerly awaits the arrival of a package...constantly checking my order status online to see where it might be in the country. Has anyone ever ordered yarn from The Knitting Garden?? If so, do you remember how long it took for an order to arrive?? It's only Monday and of course I am not expecting the package today or even tomorrow...maybe not even this week...but I do hope they are speedy and reliable...I really do.

I don't want to blog anymore. That's it for today.

1 comment:

Kar said...

yay for dress! I'm sending mine home with my mom so i don't try it on, every, day. I ordered a tiara and bought my petticoat off of ebay for $20 cheaper. When we went to the david's in aurora, they told us it would take 20 weeks, when we went to the lombard one they told us like 6 weeks...so it's kinda random i think. What dress did you decide on? here's mine:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2931869/0~2376788~6002242~6007533~6007554?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007554&P=3