15.11.06

One of those "text-heavy" posts

All right. Let's just plow through this one. My academic experience has been sort of (REALLY) crazy lately. I have one 3-credit hour course at the 400-level remaining for the completion of my Japanese major. My intention was to register for that course over the summer that just ended not too long ago. I couldn't afford it. So, the professor kindly agreed to continue to work with me on the independent study over the summer, but register for it in the fall term. So...that's what we did.

Fall term comes around and I register and it goes on passed the withdrawal date. And I didn't have the money to pay for it (unforseen circumstances). SOOO, I petition with the registrar to have them withdraw me from the course without me having to pay for it. And I waited...and waited...and waited...and never...heard...anything. THEN, my mom gets a bill in the mail, the course was never dropped, and I began to panic, panic, panic about what the fuck I was supposed to do to fix the problem. SOOO, I go to the registrar and meet with the lady there who knows her stuff and she tells me that my petition is still active and there is still a chance that they will grant me. That's good news right?

Right.

BUT HERE'S THE THING...now, part of me wants to withdraw my petition for withdrawal. BECAUSE, if I don't, and I take the course next term, I won't be considered a graduate of North Central College until I retake the course OR drop my Japanese major completely. I don't want to drop the major if I don't have to.

SOOO, I'm praying really hard that I will be able to pay in installments or something so that I can get my Japanese major AND be considered a winter graduate. I'm so confused and I know that this explanation isn't very good...but it's the best I can do. I'm just sick of the whole thing. I'm sick of explaining it to people because it's hard to explain without getting all frustrated and crying (that's right, crying). I just want it all to be over. OVER OVER OVER!!!! I'm finishing this...one way...or another.

I spent the whole day today (my day off) finishing my paper for the independent study. It isn't very good, but as long as I get a PASSING grade, I will be happy. I read a novel that Japanese ADULTS read, I wrote the summaries on my readings IN JAPANESE, I met with the professor and spoke in Japanese...and now I've turned in a 4 and 1/4 page paper on the problems with the Japanese school system incorporating tidbits from the novel I read and explaining in broken Japanese why the school described in the novel was a good school. Did I mention that the paper is written in Japanese? THAT'S WHAT I SENT TO MY PROFESSOR TODAY. As long as I pass. It isn't a great paper...I feel like it is so simple, but it IS in a foreign language...and a sort of difficult one at that...ANYWAY...no excuses...I'M FINISHED WITH THE STRESS OF WRITING A PAPER...FINISHED.

Now I just have to persevere to get through all of the technical nonsense of finances without gouging my own eyes out in despair. I hate money...

I love knitting, though...so, that's good...and I had a good birthday...so, that's good too.

I cast on for the Jawbreaker Cardigan in Interweave (scroll down on the linked page...it's there). I have fancy yarn for it...guess what it is....

....

....

....

....

NORO!!!! It needed four skeins of Colinette Prism, but the LYS didn't have any...so I went Noro and am completely LOVING it! I bought two skeins and Max bought the other two (they were expensive)...but I'm hoping it is worth it. I will post pictures when it is worth it...and when I feel motivated to take pictures.

Anyway...thanks for reading my rant.

3 comments:

Kar said...

are you sure you just can't post pay? they won't release your transcripts until you don't owe them anything else...ask about a loan at the college, it's called a roller loan and used for people who just need a little to get by. maybe you can ask fin aid if you can have a roller and that you'll pay it back really soon! good luck!!

Maxim Khailo said...

Damn school, whats with them? but hey, you got your paper done. So thats really really good. I foresee that soon this hell will be over with. I am really really glad you like your yarn that much and that you had a good birthday. Sorry that I painted though.....

Kar said...

new post!!