17.9.06

Post

I'm posting. I'm now in the middle of the second repeat (one of three) for the sleeve of the lacey pink shrug. I do not have a picture of it because I'm not motivated to take one right now. I will say, however, that it does look much nicer now that one complete repeat is done. I can see how it sort of "comes together," so to speak.

I have not progressed on my blue scarf.

I have oiled my baby and worked on my quilt today. I only got through one and a half complete squares because I ran out of peices and I did not feel like cutting more. I really wish I had a rotary cutter (and a board to go with it) because it's easier and more time-effective to cut a bunch of peices at once...but doing it with scissors makes your hand hurt after a while. I saw a rotary cutter and board being sold as a set at Joann's today. It was around 24 dollars. That's a lot of money. The good news is that I may be able to get it for 40% off next weekend (I have coupons!) just as long as it isn't one of those items that is excluded from the sale. I'm not sure.

I went to the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park this weekend. It was a good time. I got a really cute blue t-shirt with puffy sleeves that has a dove and "si se puede" on it. I fell in love with it instantly. That's all the loot I brought home with me. Sort of surprising, isn't it? :P

My mom needs a new life, it seems. Something is always going wrong. But today she called in a good mood and told me that she went to an estate sale and got two very old books (she said 1800s) for me. I'm excited, even if they end up worth nothing. I love my mom...she thinks of me when she sees stuff like that.

This was a pictureless post. I doubt anyone (other than the three who do) will bother reading it. I do the same thing.

No comments: