11.3.11

Hi, it's me again.

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I think we can all agree there is a lot going on over here. Warren is fabulous and gorgeous. We've passed the 8 month mark already. I still can't believe how big he's gotten. He sits up on his own now, munches on teething cookies and other mama-approved solid foods with vigor, does the army crawl, and is just generally wonderful in every way. Now that my Warren gushing is out of the way, I can move on to the many FOs I have finished since my last post.

Rufus Cardigan
  • Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light (3 skeins), handspun alpaca (brown, partial skein)
  • Pattern: Rufus Textured Cardigan by Kristen Rengren from Vintage Baby Knits



Coline
  • Pattern: Coline by Lucy Sweetland
  • Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Mineshaft colorway
  • Mods: I knit a wide 2x2 rib band so it could be rolled up over the ears. This also made it a more manly looking hat than the one in the pattern. Also, I knit the band in the L size, but only decreased for the rest of the hat up to the M size, making it more of a beanie than a slouchy hat.

Citron Shawl
  • Pattern: Citron Shawl by Hillary Smith Callis
  • Yarn: My own handspun plus a bit of Australian wool in lime green for the bind off
  • Mods: I used worsted weight yarn on size 8 needles

Ok, I have time for one more at the moment.

Mystery Socks
  • Pattern: TTL Mystery Sock 2010 by Kirsten Kapur
  • Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Multi in Hearth colorway
  • Mods: none


Now that the blog neglect is out of the way, I can stop feeling so guilty about it. Also, I hope you all are listening to the Revenge of the Knits podcast, which I do with my good friend Julie. We are really behind on getting episodes edited and up on itunes, but there are 6 episodes up already for your listening pleasure.

That's all there is for now, but I have a few other FO's to share later. I felt like they deserved their own separate posts. :) Ta-ta!

No comments: