13.9.08

Sewist

Looky, looky:


I finished that dress that I started, oh, forever ago.

I really wish I had better pictures, but again, I am limited to phone pictures for the time being. :(

Pattern: Butterick 4812
Fabric: Linen with floral embroidery
Rant: It's a little baggy, but it's comfortable. I used a linen fabric with a really beautiful floral embroidery. It's wearable as long as I wear a miracle bra! LOL!

Here you can see the problem I always have with dresses. The back neckline always protrudes. Maybe it is my posture...or my petite frame:


Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions as to how to avoid this problem in future sewing projects???? Much appreciated.


I have a really hard time with zippers. I had to attach this zipper by hand because I could not maneuver the dress through the machine properly to machine sew it. :( You can see here how it is a little baggy around the nape of my neck. I have this problem with store bought dresses too. Ahhhhhhh! It's driving me NUTS!

Ehem, all in all, I'm happy with it. I think I will wear it with a long-sleeved "something" under it. For some reason, I think that might help.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That came out really cute!