28.2.08

Your Novelist, Jessica

At the end of January, I decided that I would finish my novel by the end of February. As the days passed by and I never touched it, I began to think it was never going to happen.

But it did. It did happen.

This morning at around 10 of the clock I finished my novel!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I feel very accomplished, even though there is still so much left to do. I'm sure it needs intense editing and possibly some rewriting. I don't care! It's at least a finished work. Editing is just dessert.

Yay for me!

In knitting news, I've cast on yet another project. So, right now I'm up to three sweaters on the needles. This new one, however, is for my mom.



It's the Fly Away Cardigan (#23) from the Winter 2007/08 Knit Simple Magazine. It is slow going because the body is knit all in one piece and you start out with 218 stitches around the waist to slowly decrease as you move up. I have a feeling this is a project that I will eventually pick up the pace on as the rows get shorter and shorter. My goal is to get it done before I visit St. Louis at the end of March. I probably won't, but that's my goal.

I'm using acrylic yarn, which I'm not too happy about, but it was cheap and my mom will love anything I make for her.

2 comments:

Maxim Khailo said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You've written a novel? That's so cool. I'd like to hear more about it if you're coming to Loopy tonight.